Monday, November 23, 2009

The Pioneer Woman in Minnesota!

We had so much fun meeting Ree, The Pioneer Woman on Saturday. I didn't get as many pictures as I had wanted. I think it had to do with sweaty hands and the possibility of my camera slipping right out of them. I did have a chance to get a few pictures of the line that was so anxiously awaiting her arrival.

We had a great opportunity to meet her downstairs before she went up for her book signing. She was just as wonderful as she sounds on her blog and it was so great to meet her in person. Marlboro Man and her two little boys were there, and they are all just as cute in person as in the pictures!

The cast of characters, my wonderful mother and the mastermind behind Plain Jane Primitives to the far left, I am in the black turtleneck and my sister-in-law on the far right. Oh yea, The Pioneer Woman is in the middle, as if I needed to point that out! She so graciously signed my cookbook in 3 spots, one for each of my daughters. I found pictures in her cookbook that represent each of my daughters well. She personalized each one, by just knowing the little I mentioned as to why I chose the picture. This one is for my youngest daughter who loves cows, because she is going to be a "Cowgirl!"

Here is the one for my middle daughter, Riley, who is absolutely crazy for horses and the reason I started to read The Pioneer Woman blog in the first place. It all started just so she could look at all the pictures of the horses.

This last one is for my oldest daughter Taylor who will soon be thirteen, the flower represents her well, carefree and beautiful.

We had a great time, even though when it was time to meet her we lost all rememberence of what we had planned to say. Let's just say a deer in headlights would describe it well. Quite embarrasing, so Ree if your reading this, thanks for taking the time to meet with us and we love all that you do!

2 comments:

  1. I know she is sooo sweet. I just bought her cookbook for my best friend for Christmas!! I just love her blog too!! What you see is what you get!! Laughter!
    Gotta love that!! :O)

    Many Blessings.........
    Lori :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm in the process of reviewing her cookbook, and gaining a few pounds while doing it! Your shop is so cute!!!

    Take care,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete